I first tried the L’Oreal lip oils through the Amazon Beauty advent calendar in 2019. I loved it and wanted to try the other shades, in particular, the Jelly Peach. I then received two more kindly gifted to me through my Amazon wishlist from @ploya29 and @blondietori88. But there was a slight flaw, read on to find out why.
Lip oils are designed to moisturise to give soft lips. The L’Oreal ones are filled with natural oils and each of the four designs have a slight fragrance and tint to them.
They use a doe foot applicator and L’Oreal advise you to apply three times a day.
The oil is quite thin and only slightly tinted. It absorbs well, it’s not sticky or tacky which I liked. If you’re looking for a similar consistency to lip gloss, or a lip stain, then this isn’t the product for you. However, they do leave a shine behind and a slight tint.
- I love the curved applicator, it’s shaped to perfectly coat your lips and felt really nice to use.
- They’re small enough to carry around in your handbag, the screw top avoids any leaks.
- I like the subtle hint of colour and fragrance.
- The tint for Pom Pom Pink and Jelly Peach lasted all day.
- The colour shades on the packaging are very attractive (See cons).
- I think the product line was discontinued, so they’re really cheap on Amazon!
- The shades inside didn’t match the shades on the packaging! As you can see in this image, Jelly Peach and Pom Pom Pink are similar. They also have a similar scent (though this is rather pleasant!)
- The colour once applied, is only very slight, in contrast to the packaging.
- Jelly Peach and Pom Pom pink left more of a lasting stain than the Sugar Plum.
- If you want a shine, then you do need to reapply more regularly than three times a day.
I was really disappointed in the shades, as they looked so lovely on the packaging and company provided swatches. I love the packaging, but it just didn’t match the product inside. However, I do love the applicator, this sells the product to me! Also, I quite like that they only give a subtle hint of colour rather than a full lip stain. They contain essential oils which help in the long term and they are now available quite cheaply. So over all, a recommendation from me – as long as you are aware of the colour differences!
Get yours here!
*Contains affiliate links